Loading some great jobs for you...
Volunteers of America, Inc. (VOA, Inc.) is a national, faith-based human services organization that was founded in New York City in 1896 and has remained at the forefront of social service ever since, helping individuals and families in need overcome obstacles to living safe, healthy and productive lives in the community. The largest of the affiliates, Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) serves tens of thousands of men, women, and children in need every year, through 80 programs staffed by 1,300 skilled and dedicated staff, throughout New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-GNY s life-changing, often life-saving work impacts the lives of individuals and families who are homeless and those at risk of homelessness, families recovering from domestic violence, children with developmental delays, individuals living with HIV/AIDS or behavioral health issues, older adults and veterans struggling to reintegrate. VOA, Inc. is one of the largest providers of permanent, supportive housing in the United States. VOA-GNY is the largest provider of supportive housing for veterans in New York, and is committed to addressing the needs of the community with compassion, creativity, respect, and therapeutic models that inform our work.
The Client Care Coordinators will enhance existing services to include a thorough assessment of families long term goals at intake and development of service plan to incorporate small achievable tasks leading to permanent housing with enrollment and/or referrals to community resources.
The position requires either a Master s Degree in Social Work with the expectation that LMSW is acquired within 6 months of date of hire or a Master s Degree in Mental Health Counseling with License (LMHC). Knowledge of child and adolescent development, emotional/behavioral health and mental health, family dynamics, parent-child relationships, diagnostic classifications is a plus. In addition the position requires a reasonable combination of skills in the following areas: trauma informed, strengths based, solution focused, and family centered practice; experience working with diverse client populations; knowledge of child welfare policies, regulations, safety, permanency, and well-being.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled.
1. Manage a caseload.
2. Complete psychosocial for all families in shelter.
3. Complete Assessment Summary and make determination on type of intervention needed for each family.
4. Develop individualized service plan to focus on recovery and wellness.
5. Maintain service documentation to include client progress notes, observations and interactions about clients and incident reporting when necessary.
6. Provide on-call crisis intervention support.
7. Participate in individual service coordination activities, including vocational and educational services and support recreational and/or socialization activities.
8. Develop community linkages.
9. Refer families to appropriate community providers to address family needs.
10. Perform all other duties as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
1. Clients wellness is increased through empowerment and skill development to maximize recovery.
2. Program staff is informed of clients progress.
3. Client develops improved life-skills and is better able to manage his/her daily life.
4. Clients arrive at their scheduled appointments and are picked up on time.
5. Clients are provided with behavioral health services based on evidence based practices.
6. Services provided are consistent with each individual s strengths, needs, abilities and preferences.
7. Activities and services provided meet each individual service needs.
8. Health records (charts) are kept up to date and accurately reflect all services provided.
9. The physical appearance and safety of the facility are maintained Volunteers of America standards.
10. Services provided meet all funding requirements and accrediting body standards.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...