Compensation: $55,905.00 - $83,990.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
The Westchester Avenue Community Residence (Bronx, NY) provides family-oriented and supportive Child and Teen Services to boys and girls, ages of 15-18 years old who are struggling with a wide range of psychiatric diagnoses, emotional crises, mental health, and behavioral issues. Under their individualized service plans, youth receive comprehensive clinical treatment and education, and are able to develop independent living skills and adaptive coping strategies for managing of their emotional and behavioral issues in order transition back into their home communities.
The Case Manager at Westchester Ave CR works directly with adolescents in residence, assisting them and their families by providing short-term case management services, including referrals, outreach, and collaborating with all parties involved regarding the individualized plans, health and well-being of the residents and their families.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with family, clinicians, educators and staff; Consulting with Therapists, Psychiatrists, Case Planners, and the Education Team
- Weekly visits with youth; effective family communication; acting as a figure of support for youth to appropriately express their feelings
- Providing referrals to community social services agencies; and connections to resources specific to clients diagnosis; outreach as necessary
- Maintaining weekly Progress Notes, including documentation of youth s general progress and treatment while in the program; collecting/reviewing progress notes provided by the Family Based Treatment Parents, including medication monitoring forms
- Understanding and cooperation with regard to the youth s medication needs
- Working with the team of family specialists on managing the emergency phone line during after work hours
- Maintaining communication with Bio-parents and facilitate reintegration with the family of origin
- Discharge planning, including education, work readiness, and social adaptability; participating in Discharge Meetings
- Completing monthly reports and documentation for Medicaid billing
- Facilitating Weekly Caring Families group meetings with youth; and Monthly Service Plan Reviews
- Attending necessary trainings and case conferences as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor s Degree in Human Services or related field is required; Master s Degree preferred
- Prior experience working with youth with mental health issues
- A current, valid clean Driver s license is required for this position
Associated topics: business development, case manager, case management, development manager, liaison, manage, office manager, program development, program management, resource development
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...