Loading some great jobs for you...
- Perform preventive maintenance on mechanical systems to include disassembly, cleaning, reassembly, and calibration.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators in order to diagnose?equipment?problems.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
- Observe and test the?operation?of machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters and other testing devices.
- Operate newly repaired machinery and equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Repair and maintain the operating condition of industrial production and processing machinery and equipment.
- Repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment.
- Study blueprints and manufacturers' manuals to determine correct installation and operation of machinery.
- Cut and weld metal to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, and assemble new equipment.
- Demonstrate equipment functions and features to machine operators.
- Record parts and materials used, and order or requisition new parts and materials as necessary.
- Record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Enter codes and instructions to program?computer-controlled machinery.
- Sometimes repairs or modifications are performed when blueprints and manufactures specifications are unavailable or incomplete.
- Applies a wide variety of methods, procedures & techniques to lay out, install, align, repair, overhaul, & maintain various types of machines encompassing mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems & operation principles.
- Utilizes safety and security practices and procedures following established rules and regulations and maintains a safe, clean, and secure work environment.Communicate with management, engineers, mechanics, and equipment operators to advise them if there are any potential mechanical hazards.
- Execute the maintenance work schedule as provided by his/her supervisor. Proper execution of the work schedule will require strategic decisions to ensure the scheduled work will be completed within the period scheduled. This effort requires the Lead to be aware of CIP, sanitation and other periods of downtime.
- Keep the assigned Lead informed of all issues which may affect the operational capability of the area processes and equipment.
- Seek assistance from the Lead on the work priority when confusion or more tasks than manpower exists.
- Examine jobs to be done and determine scope and best way to accomplish the work. Consult with requester, maintenance planner, and/or supervisor when necessary.
- Obtain one-lines, drawings, instructional manuals and special procedures, as needed, from files or other sources. Make any additional sketches, diagrams, etc., necessary to clarify the intent of the work order.
- Ensure the safety needs are given a top priority in operations support and work execution. Some examples are Arc Flash/Shock Hazard safety, confined space entry, LOTO, hazardous materials, hand tool safe use, etc.
- Have complete knowledge of plant's processes and packaging systems.
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in the execution of the work schedule and operational support. Ensure the shop is maintained in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Protect the integrity and quality of product at all times.
- Attend meetings and supports continuous improvement initiatives.
- Recommend equipment to be included in preventive maintenance programs.
- Suggest improvements to all maintenance processes, including planning scheduling, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, CMMS, storeroom operations, etc.
- Promote the conservation of energy.
- Maintain close contact with assigned maintenance crew, the production supervisor and equipment operators.
- Keep the maintenance supervisor and/or manager properly informed on all abnormal or critical situations and seeks advice on matters outside of their knowledge or authority.
- Make recommendations for system improvement.
- Recommend additions to storeroom stock.
- Perform other tasks and special assignments as requested by management.
He/she also performs preventive maintenance and upgrades to mechanical systems. Responsible for the scheduled, unscheduled and preventative maintenance and repair of a wide variety of beverage manufacturing and packaging equipment requiring a strong mechanical skills base to include: hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, conveyor systems and PLC usage.Profile of job holder:
? Meet all basic plant employment criteria, to include a good attendance record
? Must supply own tools per the Maintenance required tool list
? Maintenance background, which includes hydraulics, controls, welding, electrical, PLC?s, machine tools and pneumatics
? Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
? Able to read one-line diagrams, blueprints and schematics.
? Must be certified on the training plan for this position within 60 working days of start date
? Able to lift up to 50 pounds
? Ability to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders, etc. and ability to work in extreme temperatures
? Manual and finger dexterity
? Ability to visually identify defective parts
? Ability to hear machine operations sounds to detect defective parts, machine failures, and changes in speed and other routine running conditions
? Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under stressful situations
? Must be able to work flexible shift schedules up to 12-hour shifts as determined by business need
? Must be able to use a computer and associated software programs
? Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service and Cost objectives.Competences and skills:
? 6 months of manufacturing experience preferred in the operation of high-speed production machinery and monitoring of product quality.
? Proven experience with best practices and quality, with a strong maintenance background.
? Must be able to precisely follow oral and written instructions.
? Able to get along with others and work in a team environment.
? Flexible for all shifts.
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...