* In order to be considered as a candidate for this position, it is required you complete the 2nd step application. Upon clicking \"Submit Application\", you will be directed to this 2nd step\"*
The Fitness Trainer will be responsible for running the Planet Fitness group fitness program (PE@PF). This includes assisting new members in the achievement of their fitness goals by designing a simple workout program and instructing them on the proper use of equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Conduct and run the Planet Fitness PE@PF program, including creating and following the schedule. * Consult with members regarding their fitness goals and instruct them on how to properly and safely use the equipment. * Create bi-weekly updates consisting of a variety of exercises. * Meet class requirements based on club size and member traffic. * Assist in front desk related activities including: * Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions. * Check members into the system. * New member sign-up. * Take prospective members on tours.
* Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Assistant Manager or Manager as needed.
* A passion for fitness and health! * Upbeat and positive attitude. * Punctuality and reliability is a must. * Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member's expectations. * Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve. * Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language. * Current CPR Certification required. * Nationally Certified Training Certificate required. * High School diploma/GED equivalent required. * Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Continual standing and walking during shift. * Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift. * Must be able to occassionally lift up to 50 lbs. * Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
Somos un empleador con igualdad de oportunidades y todos los candidatos calificados recibir?n consideraci?n por el empleo sin distinci?n de raza, color, religi?n, sexo, origen nacional, estado de discapacidad, estado de veterano protegido o cualquier otra caracter?stica protegida por la ley.