Established by chef and founder David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar, Momofuku has grown to include restaurants in New York City, Washington D.C., Sydney, Toronto, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles; a casual chicken spot (Fuku); and a bakery (Milk Bar), established by award-winning pastry chef Christina Tosi. The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their innovative take on cuisine, while supporting local, sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
About Ssam Bar
Momofuku Ssam Bar opened in New York City s East Village in 2006 and serves a constantly changing menu that draws inspiration from flavors and techniques found worldwide, while staying true to its New York roots. Executive Chef Max Ng and the Ssam Bar team create dishes that showcase seasonal products and highlight producers.
The Front of House (FOH) Manager will work closely with the General Manager and all members of the restaurant s management team to ensure the restaurant is operating according to the standards set by the executive management team and Momofuku corporate office. The Front of House manager may be responsible for overseeing service of any portion of the restaurant s operating hours, as well as share in administrative responsibilities.
Momofuku managers are integral and active members of service. Momofuku managers are expected to be hands on from the beginning to end of the guest experience with guests, the service team, and with Back of House team.
- Shift opening and closing managerial responsibilities. Duties may include financial/cash handling, operational administrative tasks, facilities/Health Department checks, and oversight of hourly employees.
- Oversee the FOH staff through all working hours - setting up for service, all service hours, and closing each shift according to restaurant standards.
- Floor management. Responsibilities include:
- Frequent decision making and troubleshooting
- Maintaining proper flow of service (at the door, on the floor, and at the pass)
- Upholding service standards, product quality and cleanliness
- Continuous communication with kitchen and all FOH staff
- Guest interaction ensuring service and food quality, cultivating relationships, resolving issues
- Clear communication with BOH management to ensure proper flow of service and guest satisfaction
- Assisting in staffing, training, and development of FOH hourly team:
- Assisting in training of all FOH hourly staff based on standards determined by the General Manager and Director of FOH Operations
- Assisting with the execution of FOH employee training program as determined by GM, Director of FOH Operations, and Director of Learning and Development
- Continual development of FOH employees by upholding performance expectations, providing ongoing feedback, and offering input for regular performance reviews
- Directing staff and enforcing service standards
- Administering FOH hourly disciplinary action as needed
- Ensuring FOH staff has appropriate food, beverage, and service knowledge
- Developing employees by providing ongoing feedback and upholding performance expectations
- Executing disciplinary action as dictated by Momofuku and restaurant protocols
- Maintaining reservations and reservation system
- Lead by example in all areas:
- Proper execution of all service standards and protocols
- Clear and professional communication with Momofuku offices, other managers, all hourly employees, and guests
- Exceptional work ethic, strong attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude
- Assisting in executing new restaurant initiatives and service protocols through staff training
- Ensure guests enjoy the Momofuku experience!
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years of restaurant management experience required
- Strong service, food and beverage knowledge required
- Detail oriented, organized and professional
- High volume, fast-paced, high profile restaurant experience preferred
- Experience with POS and Reservations systems is a plus
- Food Handler s Certification required
- Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
- Spanish speaking, strong computer skills are a plus
**any required city/state licenses or permits
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 5 to 10 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
What's in it for you?
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including vision/dental/medical, and gym and commuter discounts, plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our employees to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Associated topics: assistant restaurant manager, deli manager, director food and beverage, floor manager, general operations manager, gm, manager, partner, restaurant general manager, restaurant operations