- Daily Provisions
- $39,570.00 -62,650.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
112 E 12th St
Daily Provisions is your neighborhood kitchen where the food and hospitality are good enough visit every day. Operated by Danny Meyer s USHG, we have a dedicated following of regulars who start their morning with a cappuccino and bacon, egg and cheese, grab a Milanese sandwich for lunch, and end their day with rotisserie chicken and hearty vegetables.
Through strong leadership and execution of systems, the Baking and Pastry Manager at Daily Provisions motivates the baking and pastry kitchen teams to maintain the quality Daily Provisions recipes and flawlessly execute food beyond expectation. The Baking and Pastry Manager works closely with the Lead of Culinary Operations, Kitchen Managers at other locations, and the Production Manager to ensure that the bread and pastries are exceptional across locations.
The Pastry Manager works with the Lead on Culinary Operations to drive menu changes that will cultivate regulars while maintaining budgeted food and labor costs. They R&D s new menu items, costs them correctly, and implement those changes in the production kitchen.
The Pastry Manager represents the baking and pastry brand of Daily Provisions outside of the bakery. They lead with excellence, contribute to culinary conversations, community outreach, and is involved with promoting the business during food related events.
As a Baking and Pastry Manager, you will be able to:
- Run the pastry and bread department within expected labor and food cost percentages.
- Maintain consistency of all baking and pastry food items, with extra focus on maintaining the quality of the cruller in all locations. Responsible for new cruller flavors and execution on those recipes.
- Works closely with Culinary Operations Lead on developing new menu items that will drive sales, cultivate regulars, and keep the Daily Provisions brand relevant and crave-able.
- Continuously provide support to all pastry and baking staff by actively participating in prep and baking when necessary.
- Keeps pastry related systems up to date including, but not limited to: costing sheets, recipes, and spec sheets.
- Work with Kitchen Managers to ensure proper execution of dishes during service.
- Work with Production Manager in order to maintain the appropriate amount of product in house.
- Educate guests and Hospitality Team Members on all pastry and bread items.
- Hire and train team according to standards for hospitality and culinary excellence. Including but not limited to interviewing candidates, setting up trails and training schedules.
- Hold employees accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary procedure when necessary
As a Baking and Pastry Manager, you will have:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in high volume pastry and/or bread bakery
- 2+ years of management experience
- Culinary or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must have schedule flexibility
- Ability to work early mornings, and weekends
- Ability to work with a team
- Advance knowledge of naturally leavened and enriched breads
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to lift 50 pounds
As a Baking and Pastry Manager, in addition to competitive pay, you ll receive:
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Competitive Paid Parental Leave programs
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we ve won 28 James Beard awards!)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels just to name a few
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future after one year
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
Please apply with resume and cover letter by July 31st through our online system, Hirebridge here:
We are hiring for various roles talented cooks, inspiring managers, and kind servers to take care of our guests. We are seeking people that want to grow their career with us and we are willing to train.
More detail about Daily Provisions part of Union Square Hospitality Group, please visit
Associated topics: conference, deli manager, grocery store manager, kitchen manager, management, night shift manager, operations manager, service manager, shift leader, supervisor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...