Part-Time Vault Attendant
Compensation: $30,200.00 - $39,100.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
The Vault Attendant grants customers who lease safe deposit boxes from Apple Bank the authorization to access their boxes, in order to view or retrieve their personal property. The Attendant maintains a record of boxes opened, inspects booths for mislaid articles, keeps the area in orderly condition and ensures the vault is secure at all times, protecting the Bank against liability, as well as safeguarding the property of our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists customers with the rental of new safe deposit boxes and/or the surrendering of existing boxes; refers all estate and legal safe deposit box matters to branch management.
- Verifies the customer signature on access tickets against customer contract, prior to granting access to the safe deposit box.
- Accompanies the customer to vault, removes the box from nest and carries the box to the coupon room for customer to review.
- Inspects the coupon room to ensure personal articles were not left behind and returns the box to nest in the presence of the customer.
- Ensures sufficient number of locks for safe deposit boxes are available on premises.
- Assists with the changing of locks for customers that lost keys.
- Maintains vault area in an orderly manner and replenishes necessary supplies.
- Maintains records and performs data entry.
- Adheres to vault procedures and controls; complies with audit, regulatory and security procedures.
- Adheres to Bank s Code of Conduct.
- Work weekends and/or extended hours or at neighboring branch locations when needed.
- May assist with the opening and or closing of the vault.
Skills, Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 6+ months experience working in safe deposit unit of bank.
- Displays thorough knowledge of policies and procedures relating to daily safe deposit operations.
- Displays strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Possesses strong communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Must have basic computer skills and the ability to learn MISER safe deposit software application.
- Displays courteous and friendly behavior.
- Ability to lift and carry safe deposit boxes weighing up to 10 lbs. from the vault to the coupon room.
- Must be able to work on Saturdays and late on Fridays.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental/Vision, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement and more to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
Associated topics: bank teller, branch, branch teller, client, customer, customer service, customer service representative, saving, service representative, teller
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...