We Welcome Walk-In Interviews to Meet Your Convenience!
Address: 11 Dartmouth Street, Malden, MA 02148
The Personal Care Homemaker assists clients with non-skilled nursing tasks as well as household tasks in accordance with relevant local, state and federal agencies and with a care plan developed by a clinician in accordance with state and local laws and regulations. The Personal Care Homemaker supports and encourages clients in self-help and optimal level of independence or participation in activities of daily living and home management as related to comfort, care, and safety of a client in the home.
1. Performs and assists clients with activities of daily living including: bathing, dressing, grooming, skin care, mouth care, foot care, and toileting.
2. Performs non-skilled nursing tasks including: exercises, ambulation, regular skin care, care to pressure point areas, safe client transfers, using and maintaining special equipment and supplies appropriately, oral hygiene and hair care.
3. Provides medication reminders.
4. Plans, prepares, and serves meals according to dietary instructions.
5. Accompanies client on errands or runs errands for the client, including shopping for food and household supplies.
6. Maintains a clean and safe environment for client by performing household services.
7. Engages in stimulating conversation and activities.
8. Communicates and reports any changes or concerns regarding clients in a timely manner.
9. Cooperates with all other caregivers to deliver excellent care to clients and participates in multi-disciplinary care delivery.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to carry out and understand directions.
* Ability to record messages and maintain records in an organized way.
* Ability to work with clients, families and other care providers in a professional, friendly, and helpful way.
* Understands the person-entered care and encourages clients in self-help and optional level of independence or participation in activities.
* Ability to effectively read, write and communicate verbally in English and read and understand instructions, perform record-keeping duties and write reports.
1. Must be at least 18 years old.
2. Flexible, sensitive to the needs of others, reliable, and able to cope with emergencies.
3. Successful completion of the 40-hour Council for Home Care Aide, Homemaker Service Training Program within 6 months of hire or its equivalent.
1. Frequent travel between client homes is required.
2. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
3. Must be able to see, hear, speak and use both hands.
4. Continual walking, standing, bending, stooping, or squatting; frequently reaches over shoulders; may sometimes crawl, kneel, sit or climb.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.