The Global Commercial Development (GCD) organization leads the development of the strategic marketing direction of key assets in AbbVie's pipeline. The role of the Global Pipeline Forecasting & Commercial Analytics is to serve as the primary source of forecasting & commercial analytics services within GCD. The objective of this support is to help evaluate the commercial assessments in support of strategic decisions related to all pipeline products and on market product lifecycle projects. This role will also serve as a primary point of contract for commercial analytical support related to GCD strategic initiatives related to the immunology therapeutic area.
The Director Global Forecasting & Commercial Analytics is responsible for developing forecast models specific to pipeline compounds and on market product lifecycle projects for the immunology therapeutic area. In addition, he / she is responsible for coordinating and / or leading the forecasting / commercial analytics aspects of any strategic initiatives associated with immunology commercial development.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Integrate with the asset or brand team and provide a data driven point of view on the strategy and value of the assets in the assigned therapeutic area
- Lead and coordinate the forecasting and commercial analytics support for any commercial strategic initiatives relevant to the assigned therapeutic area
- Develop and maintain forecast models to inform long-range planning, milestone decisions, and strategic decisions, and business development opportunities
- Lead the design and implementation of model updates and/or new forecast approaches
- Develop and maintain extensive knowledge of business conditions and marketing strategy for the assigned therapy area
- Coordinate with Business Intelligence to identify data gaps and co-develop market research to help inform those gaps
- Develop and integrate commercial analytics to inform key forecast assumptions and provide a data-driven point of view on the impact of product and market events on the commercial opportunity
- Coordinate and quality control the generation and deliver of presentation content specific to forecasting / commercial analytics work product for Executive level governance committees.
- Serve as a credible and strategic partner to all the stakeholders of this role including marketing, forecasting, business development, and clinical
- Provide real-time decision support via close coordination and collaboration across multiple stakeholders within GCD and other AbbVie partners including L&A, R&D, HEOR, Market Access, Finance, Regulatory, Medical, Global Marketing, and Area & Affiliate Commercial organizations
- Independently identify areas for further analysis and identify approaches to solve the issue
- Championing the GCD Mission and Vision and the broader AbbVie Leadership Attributes
- 8+ years of relevant business experience within the pharmaceutical, biotech, or life sciences consulting industries.
- Building and updating of forecasting tools or platforms in specialty therapeutic areas (e.g. immunology).
- Experience incorporating and communicating analytics (primary and secondary data) for decision support.
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making in cross-functional and cross-cultural environments
- Experience in with new product development and demand estimation in areas with significant uncertainty.
- Self-motivated and experience managing multiple projects across multiple teams while delivering results on-time
- Experience integrating primary market research and secondary data into a cohesive, data-supported point of view.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel experience
- MBA or advanced STEM degree is preferred
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Preference for experience in Immunology
- Strong analytic and communication skills
- Strong skills as both a team player and team leader in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong strategic thinking skills and demonstrated ability to influence
Associated topics: analyst, care, demand generation, marketing, marketplace, mba, media, principle gift, product market, public relations